Jump Over Left Menu
Chilton Computing Archive: Image License Terms
Welcome to our website http://www.chilton-computing.org.uk/ (the "Site").
All copyright in the photographic images (the "Images") hosted on the Site belongs either to the Science and Technology Facilities Council ("STFC") or to its licensors.
STFC welcomes the re-use of the Images, but wishes to ensure that they are used properly and not unfairly exploited for commercial gain. On that basis:
- you may re-use the Images without the need for any further permission from STFC provided that your use falls within the "Permitted Uses" described below; but
- if you wish to re-use the Images in any other way (in particular if you wish to use them for any commercial purposes), you must first obtain STFC's or its licensor's express permission. As a first step, we recommend contacting us at email@example.com, describing your proposed use of the Images.
You may download, print and copy the Images for your personal use (for example for the purposes of research or private study).
You may also share the Images with others by distributing or displaying them provided in each case that:
- such use is not for commercial purposes;
- such use is accompanied by an appropriate acknowledgement, for example in the form: "(c) Science and Technology Facilities Council, available from http://www.chilton-computing.org.uk/"
- you have not altered or modified the Image in any way which materially affects its integrity or accuracy (for example, you may crop or resize the Image, enhance its quality, or alter its resolution to reduce file sizes, but you may not make additions to the Image using image-editing software or take parts of it for inclusion in a composite image); and
- you do not imply any association or endorsement arrangement between yourself and the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory or STFC if one does not exist.
Neither STFC nor the operators of the Site give any warranty in relation to the Images or your use of them, nor that these License Terms will give you all permissions necessary for your intended use of the Images.
Last updated: 14 April 2017