Chilton Computing Archive: Image License Terms
Welcome to our website https://www.chilton-computing.org.uk/ (the "Site").
All copyright in the photographic images (the "Images") hosted on the Site belongs either to
the UKRI Science and Technology Facilities Council ("STFC") or to its licensors.
STFC welcomes the re-use of the Images, but wishes to ensure that they are used properly and
not unfairly exploited for commercial gain. On that basis:
- you may re-use the Images without the need for any further permission from STFC provided
that your use falls within the "Permitted Uses" described below; but
- if you wish to re-use the Images in any other way (in particular if you wish to use them for
any commercial purposes), you must first obtain STFC's or its licensor's express permission.
As a first step, we recommend contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, describing
your proposed use of the Images.
You may download, print and copy the Images for your personal use (for example for the purposes
of research or private study).
You may also share the Images with others by distributing or displaying them provided in each
- such use is not for commercial purposes;
- such use is accompanied by an appropriate acknowledgement, for example in the form:
"(c) UKRI Science and Technology Facilities Council, available
- you have not altered or modified the Image in any way which materially affects its
integrity or accuracy (for example, you may crop or resize the Image, enhance its quality,
or alter its resolution to reduce file sizes, but you may not make additions to the Image
using image-editing software or take parts of it for inclusion in a composite image); and
- you do not imply any association or endorsement arrangement between yourself and the
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory or STFC if one does not exist.
Neither STFC nor the operators of the Site give any warranty in relation to the Images or
your use of them, nor that these License Terms will give you all permissions necessary for
your intended use of the Images.
Created 14 April 2017. Updated 16 September 2020, 19 July 2023.