Literature -- Overview
This section contains some papers relevant to the activities of the Division:
- Annual Reports
- Rutherford Laboratory produced an Annual Report. The relevant part for the activities of the
Atlas Computing Division are given here for the period 1975 to 1983.
- Progress Reports
- Mainly reports of ICF progress from early on to much later.
- Some early ICF reports assessing the potential candidates for the interactive mainframe computer
that was due to be installed at RAL. This section also includes a number of trip reports to the USA that cover this period.
- Very few papers were published externally on benchmarking the ICF multi-user systems and the history of the Starlink project.
- Books and manuals
- Books written or edited by Staff of relevance to the activities of the Department, plus large manuals.
- The ICF's Rapid Response Newsletter that ran from 1977 to 1980. It was replaced by the Engineering Computing Newsletter.
- Various projects printed a series of notes throughout the project; some are recorded here.