Jump Over Left Menu
Computer Aided Architectural Design SIG
The SIG decided that the needs were:
- SIGTIP requirements:
- Tools for constructing user interfaces
- Facilities for high-quality interactive graphics.
- Geometric modelling software
- Provision of an applications software suite, preferably in a single machine environment.
- Supply of DBMS systems for CAAD (DBOS, AESOP, GLIDE, RAPPORT).
- Access to powerful cpu (eg AP120B) for large-scale energy simulations.
- Access to simple database of information on performance aspects of interactive systems.
- Access to simple database of manufacturers' information from displays in terminal pool.
- Development of system tutor to guide new users through ICF facilities, including CAAD software.
DBOS was purchased and installed on the Cambridge GEC 4070, AESOP was developed on the Bristol GEC 4085, a version of GLIDE was mounted on the DEC 10, and RAPPORT was mounted on the relevant Prime systems.